Wednesday, May 29, 2013

And.... One More Thing

As I sit here and think back to my wonderful Monday, I'm left wondering how many people didn't actually understand what Memorial Day is really about.  I'm sure most people truly know what it is, but don't take the time to actually feel the meaning within their hearts.  Is that something only Veterans or Families of lost hero's feel. 

 

 

 


Or is it so much simpler than that.  Although my daughter is young, she is very aware of the placement of your hand over your heart during the Pledge of Allegiance and the National Anthem. 

Departing Utah for my Deployment.  Great Farewell with Best Guys
Tucker Holding the American Flag at the Real Soccer Game

Then again she thinks everyone is in the Military in some way or another.  I wonder if my child will grow to understand the importance of the decisions her family members have made. The decision to join the Organization that stands behind the Citizens and fights for the Freedom of Others.  It's not as if I would ever persuade my daughter into believing that I'm some awesome Soldier who has done and seen so many things worthy of attention. She will know exactly what kind of Woman I am, she is quite intuitive. I'm the kind of Soldier that will teach her to be proud of anything that she does. (PERIOD) 

Family Tradition

The Military uniform has been worn by so many of my Family members and I'm truly honored to have fallen into the footsteps of my amazing family.  We are so blessed to live in a Nation where Men and Women would fight for the rights and lives of others.  There is something to be said about being proud of what you do.  I had the opportunity to eat some American BBQ on Monday and drink some Ice Tea and although I'm miles away from home and my loved ones on Memorial day, I never felt closer to home than Monday.  There is something about BBQing and relaxing with your extended family to remind you of what amazing Freedom's we really have.  None if which would be possible with out the sacrifices of the Military Members of the Past, Present and Future. 

Thank you to EVERYONE that has ever served the great Nation we call home.   I hope there was a Moment of Silence brought upon you on that Great Day and you honestly reflected the moment with all the love in your Heart.  I know I did.  Thank You to My family and My Extended Family (Friends)who Have Served.




Bill Breck-  Grandpa- USMC
Michael D. Breck- Dad- US Air Force
Christopher W. Breck- Uncle-US ARMY
CSM Robert Breck-Uncle- US ARMY
Eugene Eldredge-Uncle- US ARMY
Steven Breck- Uncle-US ARMY
Billy Breck- Cousin-US ARMY
Evan Breck- Brother-US ARMY











1 comment:

  1. This was a good post..love da pics it really hit home

    ReplyDelete